Polishing Mops Loose-leaf
Customers Also Bought
For use on taper spindles fitted to bench grinders or polishing machines. These mops consist of layered cotton material left unstitched for a softer working surface. Each mop has central leather washers for support on the spindle. All mops are 25mm thick. For best results use a seperate mop for each different compound, mark each mop using a felt tip pen with the type of compound used. Store mops in individual plastic bags when not in use.
B mops are useful for first stage polishing on copper, brass, pewter, gold, silver and most hard plastics with Tripoli compound. They make excellent mops for final finishing on harder metals such as steel, stainless steel and iron, use with Hyfin or blue compound for a high gloss finish.
G mops are a softer grade of mop for final finishing on non ferrous metals, such as brass and copper with Hyfin, blue, or Rouge, they are also suitable for fine finishing of plastics.
- For use on taper spindles, pigtails
- Unstitched for a softer working surface
- All loose-leaf mops are 25mm thick
- First stage polishing on copper, brass, pewter, gold, silver and most hard plastics - B mop
- Final finishing on harder metals such as steel, stainless steel and iron – B mop
- Final finishing on non-ferrous metals, such as brass and copper - G mop
- Fine finishing of plastics - G mop