Axcaliber Round Nose/Radius Cutters - 1/4" Shank
Customers Also Viewed
A radius router cutter is probably the second most popular style of cutter after basic straight cutters. They cut simple round bottomed grooves, which makes them very useful for many applications.
They can add simple detail to doors or drawer fronts, or cut a series of classic looking flutes on panels or columns. Narrower radius cutters are useful for lettering and sign writing, or drip grooves on window frames and thresholds. Larger diameter examples are good for finger grooves in drawers, grooves in cutting boards etc.
When used partially covered by the router fence these cutters will produce coves on an edge. Plunge cutting leaves a round bottomed recess, ideal when making boards for games like Chinese chequers.
Axcaliber router cutters are high precision tooling, made using advanced technology on multi axis CNC machines. A high shear-cut angle gives them a smooth cutting action and results in a clean finish. The tips are diamond-ground micrograin tungsten carbide. PTFE coating minimises resin build-up. Suitable for hardwood, softwood, plywood and composites.
- Highly useful and versatile cutters
- Make round bottomed grooves
- Use for lettering, fluting, coves and rececces
- Combine with other cutters for frames, pelmets, dadoes
- Precision made on multi axis CNC machines
- High shear-cut angle for cleaner finish
- PTFE coating helps minimise resin build-up
- 1/4" shank