Bester Imanishi Waterstone 8,000g
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
For final fine honing the 8,000 grit stone leaves a mirror-like polished surface. This is the ultimate stone for those wanting the very sharpest edge. Overall dimensions are 205mm x 75mm x 25mm. This fine stone has a resin bond and needs just a quick spray with water before use.
BESTER waterstones, manufactured by Imanishi in Kyoto, Japan have almost become the standard with Japanese professional woodworkers. They feature a moderately strong bond that allows abrasive particles to release quickly, maintaining a fast cutting rate, yet resist wear better. These stones behave similarly to a natural stone, the feedback tells you how fast it is cutting. Tests have shown they abrade O1, A2 and M2 steels at a rapid rate and remain flat just as long as slower cutting stones with stronger bonds.
- Good balance of speed and wear-resistance
- Dimensions 205 mm x 75 mm x 25 mm
- Manufactured by Imanishi in Kyoto
- Moderately strong bond with fast cutting rate
- Sharpens O1, A2 and M2 steels at a rapid rate
- A fine stone just requires a quick spray with water
- Leaves a mirror-like surface