Hultafors Hults Bruk Aby Forest Axe
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
This is an all-round axe designed to fulfil a variety of bushcraft tasks. It is an ideal forest companion for woodland adventures or wilderness trekking. The design is perfect for shelter building, processing firewood, shaping, carving and precision shaving (wood that is).
It is a well-balanced axe; the long, slightly slimmer handle combined with the weight of the head produces a powerful impact. The almost straight edge with its Scandinavian grind allows you to carry out many different tasks. The shape of the head allows you to ‘choke-up’, putting your grip practically directly above the centre of the cutting edge, for carving and other operations requiring fine control. Total weight: 1.01kg, head weight: 0.7kg, length of handle: 610mm. This is a truly multipurpose axe.
Hultafors Hults Bruk forged their first axe around 1697, so this Swedish company has plenty of experience. The axes are still hand forged, each head requiring 40 to 60 blows under a spring-hammer, while the skilled blacksmith manoeuvres the red-hot billet. This process not only shapes the steel, it changes its structure increasing its density and results in greater durability. The head is hardened and tempered to 56-57 HRC to give the best possible performance. The cutting edge comes ready sharpened and polished, at most a light stropping will be all it requires. The handle is selected, tight-grained American hickory with a natural linseed oil finish. A wooden wedge and a steel ring wedge ensure a secure, tight connection between head and handle. Each axe comes with a lifetime warranty on the forging, a protective sheath and care instructions.
- Use for chopping firewood, shaping or carving
- Ground and polished ready for use
- Slim straight-grained American hickory handle
- Hand forged Swedish steel
- Head weight 0.7kg, length 610mm
- Supplied with a protective sheath
- N.B. To buy this product you must be aged 18 years or over. We will verify your age before despatching the order and this might involve us contacting you for proof of age. The product must also be delivered to, or collected by, a person 18 years or over.