Shokunin Japanese Dozuki Super Hard Folding Saw - 240mm
Customers Also Viewed
Frequently Bought Together
Performance wise this is a serious saw; made for the Japanese professional market. The super hard blade has a rustproof nickel plating. The impulse hardened teeth are precision ground for exceptionally fine crosscuts and have a tooth pitch of 1.5mm (17tpi). The blade thickness is only 0.3mm, the kerf a mere 0.43mm. The spine along the back adds stiffness and allows a 50mm depth of cut. The spine has sufficient weight to carry the blade almost effortlessly down through the cut.
The hinged folding mechanism has a spring loaded latch and a good solid design. When open it has a very positive feel. When folded it fits neatly in your tool box and the teeth are automatically protected. The polished wooden handle fits well in the hand. This is an excellent saw, it cuts on the 'pull' stroke and only the lightest pressure is required to leave an almost planed finish straight from the cut. The saw is suitable for use on soft or hard woods.
Overall length open 540mm, (closed 295mm) Blade length 240mm.
The blade is replaceable.
- Super hard blade with impulse hardened crosscut teeth
- Positive locking hinge mechanism
- 0.3mm thick, nickel plated rust proof blade
- Professional quality folded saw easily fits in a toolbox
- Fast and effortless, cuts smoothly and with great ease
- Cuts on the pull stroke, leaves exceptionally clean finish
- Stiff spine allows 50mm depth of cut
- Comfortable wooden handle
- Made in Japan