Axminster Workshop 150mm Nylon Abrasive Wheel Plain Bore - Coarse
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
The mops consist of an unwoven web of nylon fibres, with a coating of aluminium oxide abrasive particles. The nylon web is both highly flexible and strong with a long working life. Gradual wear exposes new abrasive material, giving a constant abrasive action. These mops are versatile and effective, taking far less time than hand sanding.
The coarse grade is particularly good for cleaning metal, removing rust or paint. They are very useful at the beginning of the metal polishing process. The coarse grade offers fast results when preparing a piece, taking off dirt or rust and removing scratches. The nylon’s flexibility allows you to use these mops on curved surfaces. They are great for smoothing and refining the surface of castings or blending-in pitted areas. Nylon abrasive mops are ideal for creating a satin finish on stainless steel etc.
These mops have a 12.7mm (1/2") plain bore, designed for direct mounting onto the Axminster AW150BB/AC150BB 150mm buffing machine. They can, of course fit onto any similarly designed 12.7mm (1/2") or 13mm shaft. They are not suitable for use with a pigtail type mounting. The thickness of these mops is approximately 45mm.
Eye protection must be worn.
- Non-woven nylon, coated with aluminium oxide
- Open structure: non-clogging, coarse for rust and paint removal
- 12.7mm plain bore, for mounting onto the Axminster AW150BB
- Flexible, will conform to curved surfaces
- Prepare a surface prior to the start of polishing
- Use in the restoration and revival of old tools
- Produce a satin or matt finish on metal
- Wear eye protection