Axminster Workshop No. 271 Router Plane
Customers Also Viewed
Frequently Bought Together
As handy and useful as they come. The Axminster Workshop 271 small router plane is perfect for smoothing the bottom of grooves, dadoes and housings. These days it can be found most often cleaning out hinge or lock plate housings.
The cutter locks in position with a brass thumb screw, which has a screwdriver slot for an extra tweak. The cutter can be positioned either facing the open mouth which gives a better view for stopped grooves or inlay work. Alternatively, it can be used facing the closed mouth for better support in normal work. The base size is 105mm x 58mm, supplied with a 6.35mm cutter.
The cutter is O1 steel and requires honing before use. This router plane represents a good standard in traditional hand tools and great value.
- Small router plane for detail and inlay work
- Most useful for cleaning out hinge or lock plate housings
- Clean the bottom of grooves, dadoes and housings
- Use with open or closed throat (simply reverse the blade)
- Supplied with a 6.35mm wide cutter