Hultafors Hults Bruk Hult Splitting Axe
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
Nothing stands in the way of the Hult splitting axe as it cleaves logs ready for the fire. The slightly convex grinding gives the edge greater strength and the shape of the head splits the wood without becoming stuck in the log. The Hult splitting axe has a long and straight handle to gain maximum speed and control when splitting logs. Total weight: 2.02kg, weight of head: 1.5kg, length of handle: 750mm.
Hultafors Hults Bruk forged their first axe around 1697, so this Swedish company has plenty of experience. The axes are still hand forged, each head requiring 40 to 60 blows under a spring-hammer, while the skilled blacksmith manoeuvres the red-hot billet. This process not only shapes the steel, it changes its structure increasing its density and results in greater durability. The head is hardened and tempered to 56-57 HRC to give the best possible performance. The cutting edge comes ready sharpened and polished; at most a light stropping will be all it requires. The handle is selected, tight-grained American hickory with a natural linseed oil finish. A wooden wedge and a steel ring wedge ensure a secure, tight connection between head and handle. Each axe comes with a lifetime warranty on the forging, a protective sheath and care instructions.
- Makes splitting easy one blow should be enough
- Long straight American hickory handle
- Hand forged Swedish steel
- Head weight 1.5kg, length 750mm
- Supplied with a protective sheath
- N.B. To buy this product you must be aged 18 years or over. We will verify your age before despatching the order and this might involve us contacting you for proof of age. The product must also be delivered to, or collected by, a person 18 years or over.