Why choose Makita 18V?
With over 100 years of experience in performance and quality, it’s no surprise Makita is a significant brand in the power tools industry. The vast selection of 18V tools boasts its regard for the environment, commitment to safety measures, and innovations in design and manufacturing.
Make it happen with Makita
When looking for the best 18V products for your money, it’s essential to research a brand and what it has to offer. So why choose Makita? Read on to find out more.
Makita was founded in Nagoya City in Japan in 1915 under the name of ‘Makita Denski Seisakusho.’ Initially, it offered the sale and repair of lighting fixtures, motors and transformers. It wasn’t until 1958 that Makita's first power tool - a hand-operated electric planer was revealed! Later on, in 1978, Makita launched its first 7.2V battery drum.
Today Makita is a well recognised and celebrated brand with an estimated 17,000 employees worldwide and a presence in over 40 different countries.
What can you expect from Makita 18V?
A combination of:
- Innovative design
- High-quality performance
- Higher output batteries
- Countless solutions
- Reassuring warranties
And it doesn’t stop there. Discover some of our functional, feature friendly favourites below.
Makita DPJ180Z Cordless Biscuit Jointer 18V (Body Only)
For compact, cordless convenience try the Makita DPJ180Z Cordless Biscuit Jointer. This super tool delivers great cut accuracy and the performance of a corded tool, without the cord.
- Positive stops at 0°, 45° and 90° for angle work
- Easy to set up with a choice of six preset cutting depths
- Fitted with motor current limiter and anti-restart function
- Available as a body-only machine
- Compatible with all of Makita’s 18V Lithium-Ion Battery Packs
Works like a charmAxminster Customer
Well made and silentAxminster Customer
Makita DHS680Z Brushless Circular Saw 18V (Body Only)
Cut clean and fast. The Makita DHS680Z continues the Makita legacy through build quality, balance and usability. Fitted with an advanced brushless motor, the circular saw offers high performance and improved technology. The saw features Makita’s Automatic Speed Control. Heavy cuts require lower speeds with higher torque, lighter cuts need higher speeds. The saw does this automatically changing the cutting speed according to the load.
- Ease of use and operation
- Advanced brushless motor, high performance and improved technology
- Automatic Speed Control changes cutting speed according to the load
- Strong magnesium alloy castings base, blade case and safety cover
- Blade tilts up to 50°, maximum depth of cut 57mm at 90°
- Twin LED job lights and a blower ensure a clear view of cutting line.
Makita DBS180Z Brushless Narrow Belt Sander 18V (Body Only)
With the Makita DBS180Z 18V cordless, variable speed industrial narrow Belt Sander you can sand, cut, sculpt and grind timber and metals. What’s more? At 9mm wide, the abrasive belt can reach places other power sanders can’t.
- Brushless motor means longer run times, more efficiency and low maintenance
- Pivoting sanding arm for optimum working position
- LED worklight useful when working in tight spots
- Variable speed control
- Connectable to dust extractor/vacuum with the correct attachment
Makita DRT50ZJ Trimmer In Makpac Case 18V (Body Only)
The Makita DRT50ZJ is the first cordless router trimmer in the Makita range. It features a brushless motor for low maintenance and longer runtime per battery. Designed without carbon brushes, these motors run cooler and far more efficiently resulting in a long trouble free working life.
- Brushless motor for long battery runtimes
- Constant speed control under load
- Shaft lock for easy installation of cutters
- LED job light for improved visibility
Great little tool!Axminster Customer
Stunning piece of kitAxminster Customer
Makita DHP486Z Brushless Combi Drill 18V (Body Only)
Engineered for excellence, this high spec, high power brushless combi drill offers the highest specification Makita brushless combi drill to date. Like most Makita products, it is easy to use, well balanced and well built.
- Well balanced, well built, delivers 130Nm of torque
Brushless energy-efficient motor gives longer battery life
- 2-speed gearbox with durable metal gears.
- Extreme Protection Technology with overload, overheat protection and over discharge protection
The products listed above are body only machines belonging to the Makita LXT 18V family. Power up your 18V Makita tools with Lithium-Ion technology batteries, fitting all Makita 18V Li-Ion tools
Makita BL1830 Li-Ion Battery (3.0AH)
- 22 minute charge time
- Long battery life, takes over 2,000 charges
Makita BL1850 Li-Ion Battery (5.0AH)
- 45 minute charge time
- Long runtime / battery life, takes over 2,000 charges
- Plenty of power
Makita DC18RD Twin Port Charger
Charge your two Makita batteries simultaneously and save time with optimum rapid charging. With its advanced technology, the twin port charger queries each battery and then selects the voltage and current necessary for rapid charging. A fan forces cool air around the battery preventing overheating and minimising charge time.
Did you know, Makita offer a 3 Year Warranty for registered buyers? Shop the selection to find out more.
Shop the Makita selection to find out more
Want to read more about how Makita became the pioneering tool manufacturer to launch Lithium-Ion powered cordless tools? Read our blog here:
Get in touch!
Have you bought any Makita tools recently? We’d love to hear from you. Comment below or send us a photograph and tell us all about your purchase. Alternatively, get in touch via our social media platforms. Find us on Facebook or connect with us on Instagram using #Makitatools to @AxminsterTools.