Axminster Engineer Series SC4 Bench Lathe
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
This compact lathe of very modern design has many convenient facilities ideal for the enthusiastic model engineer, small component manufacturer or in a teaching environment (used in our Skill Centre). A very rigid induction hardened cast iron bed with ground slideways gives a high level of precision. The lathe has 510mm between centres, with a 210mm swing over the bed. This model has a 1,000W brushless DC high torque motor giving near silent running. A standard feature is the full electronic speed control with digital read-out of spindle speed, accessed by a push button control panel. Other very useful features included are cross and longitudinal power feed, quick lock tailstock and both metric and imperial thread cutting, ranging from 8-24 tpi or 0.25-3mm. Also included, as standard, are a 4-way indexing tool post with 10mm tool shank capacity, transverse adjustment on the tailstock for taper turning and the rear splash guard. A 100mm 3-jaw chuck is supplied, the headstock spindle being through bored to 20mm diameter.There are many additional options available including a milling head to turn this machine into a very capable, small, all round machining centre. Suitable for bench mounting with perhaps the addition of the optional drip tray, or for independently mounting on the ruggedly built floor stand. A superb small machine.
- High quality lathe suitable for workshop or school use
- Electronically variable spindle speed range of 125rpm to 2,000rpm
- 1,000W high torque, brushless motor gives near silent running
- Metric and imperial thread cutting, simple change wheel setting
- Integral splash guard, optional drip tray and floor stand
- Full range of accessories available, tooling, steadies etc.
- Converts to a multi-purpose machine with the milling attachment