Hultafors Hults Bruk Hultan Hatchet
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
This classic hatchet is a perfect campsite tool. Finely balanced and functional the Hultån Hatchet is excellent for light felling, chopping, splitting and all manner of general bushcraft tasks. At 375mm long, it fits easily into a backpack, whilst the 805g head gives it a little extra oomph. This hatchet is more than capable of all tasks around the campfire; total weight: 805g, length of handle: 375mm.
Hultafors Hults Bruk forged their first axe around 1697, so this Swedish company has plenty of experience. The axes are still hand forged, each head requiring 40 to 60 blows under a spring-hammer, while the skilled blacksmith manoeuvres the red-hot billet. This process not only shapes the steel, it changes its structure increasing its density and results in greater durability. The head is hardened and tempered to 56-57 HRC to give the best possible performance. The cutting edge comes ready sharpened and polished, at most a light stropping will be all it requires. The handle is selected, tight-grained American hickory with a natural linseed oil finish. A wooden wedge and a steel ring wedge ensure a secure, tight connection between head and handle. Each axe comes with a lifetime warranty on the forging, a premium leather edge protector and care instructions.
- Suitable for light felling, chopping and splitting
- Compact, fits easily into a backpack
- Versatile, performs equally well as an axe or as a hatchet
- Swedish carbon steel, with American hickory handle
- Weight 805g, length 375mm
- Includes leather edge protector
- N.B. To buy this product you must be aged 18 years or over. We will verify your age before despatching the order and this might involve us contacting you for proof of age. The product must also be delivered to, or collected by, a person 18 years or over.