Easy Wood Tools Easy Start EASY ROUGHER™
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
Easy Wood Easy Start Tools are great tools with which to begin your turning journey and an equally good choice for experienced turners looking for a new approach. These are economical and ideal for beginners and education. Turn pens, wine bottle stoppers, spindles, and small bowls or shapes.
The Easy Wood Easy Start Rougher removes material quickly, cleanly and efficiently. It comes fitted with a square tip and includes a hex key for the mounting screw. The 230mm long handle is American Maple with a copper ferrule for strength (the tools have different coloured handles for easy recognition). The 9.5mm square section bar ensures the tool sits flat and steady on the tool rest. With the tool parallel to the floor and cutting at centre height the risk of catches and snatches is virtually eliminated. You don’t need to sharpen these tools. When an edge becomes dull you simply slacken the fixing screw and turn to a fresh edge. Easy Wood Tools’ carbide keeps an edge many, many times longer than HSS. These tools can be used to turn dry or green wood and acrylics.
Overall length of 318mm. The shaft is engraved with the corresponding carbide cutter reference number.
All Easy Wood Tools are 100% made in the USA.
Negative rake tips are available, which work particularly well on acrylics, polyester and resins, as well as producing a fine, smooth finish on timber.
- Easy Start, easy to use for all levels of turning experience
- Rougher removes material quickly, cleanly and efficiently
- No need to sharpen; simply rotate cutter to a fresh edge
- Solid carbide tip keeps an edge many, many times longer than HSS
- Use to turn dry or green wood, acrylics and resin
- 9.5mm square section bar ensures the tool sits flat and steady
- American Maple handle with copper ferrule for strength
- Easy Wood Tools are 100% made in the USA